On November 08 at 13:33 EST, Michael Shaw hastily scribbled:
> What editor do people use for PHP and Perl development.  I'm looking for
> something with syntax highlighting and such, so that rules ut vi or gedit.
I can offer three suggestions:

1. vim.  If you set it up right (just a few lines in ~/.vimrc), it will
do syntax highlighting properly.

2. jedit.  It's java-based, but relatively light, supports many file
types (although it is a tad Java-centric), and has good plugins.

3. bluefish.  It's not language-centric, but I *think* it has PHP
support (I might be wrong), and it's a good "web development" editor.

Hope this helps.

--
Thomas Tuttle
A List Apart: For people who make websites. (www.alistapart.com)