Willie Wong wrote:

>Oh... the protein folding thing. Since you run it in screen, I assume
>you are running the text-mode client? Just out of curiousity, on the
>two boxes you have, did you run the same version of the client?
>
>I just downloaded the stable version (FAH502-Linux.exe) and have been
>running it in screen for the last hour or so. So far I cannot see the
>same behaviour you are describing. One thing I noticed, for some
>reason the one I am running is loading FahCore_82, while yours load
>78....
>
>Anyway, did you install foldingathome through portage? What is the
>command you are using to start the process?
>
>Try downloading the client directly from the Stanford website, put it
>in a new directory, cd to that directory, and issue
>  screen ./FAH502-Linux.exe
>and see if the problem persists.

Well I used finstall.  The reason I did that is because of my quad CPU
Compaq server.  With finstall, it handles all 4 CPUs and the same time
and with one command to start or stop.  It is a really nice way to do
it.  I like consistancy so I installed it on all my rigs.  I also fell
in love with the screen thing as well.  Funny huh?  LOL

I posted a thread on the folding forums.  If no one replies before to
long, I'm going to delete and start over with a fresh install.  Maybe I
got a bug or something.  Knowing me, I just screwed up something.  LOL
It happens, especially with me.  :(  The best thing that has happened to
me in a very long time is finding my new lady, after 15 years of looking
I might add.

Thanks

Dale
:-)

--
To err is human, I'm most certainly human.