abhay <abhay.ilugd <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Any other way to get opengl working with the radeon kernel driver?

> > Should/can I use ati-drivers? or should I stick with the radeon
> > supplied binary driver?

> You can always compile without opengl support by using -opengl flag or you
> can
> try to use opengl from xorg-x11 driver by issuing command
> opengl-update xorg-x11
> I am not sure whether this will work but you can try nonetheless.

Well, I took the easy way out:
Since xorg-x11 did show opengl as being compile in:

x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r4  -3dfx +3dnow +bitmap-fonts -cjk -debug -dlloader
-dmx +doc -font-server -insecure-drivers +ipv6 -minimal +mmx +nls -nocxx +opengl
+pam -sdk +sse -static +truetype-fonts +type1-fonts (-uclibc) -xprint +xv

As you suggested I tried:

opengl-update xorg-x11

Now both mythtv and vlc are emerged.