On Nov 11, 2005, at 10:15 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Alexander Skwar wrote:

Hi.

I'm looking for a very lightweight SMTP server. It
should (in order):

- Support TLS or SSL for outgoing/incoming connections
- Be VERY light on CPU usage
- Store mails in Maildir format (or hand it off to an
 MDA like procmail/maildrop, for them to store the
 mails)
- Relay mail to only one smart host

It is important, that the system isn't too heavy on
the CPU, as I've only got a MIPSel MIPS 4Kc V0.10.

What can you recommend?

On normal systems, I always use Postfix, but that's
not really "lightweight" :)

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry, I had typed in a complete reply but guess my fat fingers hit some key combo by accident that got rid of my text entry.

My answer would be exim with an appropriate configuration (run time and build time). It is simple to run and configure and does not launch all sorts of various extra processes.

Chad

---