On Wednesday 16 November 2005 00:37, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:20:35 +0100
>
> Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
> > > I see that there is also a switch called "-nokeepaspect":
> > >
> > > -nokeepaspect
> > >  Do not keep window aspect ratio when resizing windows.  Only works
> > > with the x11, xv, xmga, xvidix, directx video output drivers.
> > > Furthermore under X11 your window manager has to honor window aspect
> > > hints.
> > >
> > > Maybe this is turned on in your machine?
> > >
> > > Check /etc/mplayer.conf (system wide) and ~/.mplayer/*
> >
> > I do not have this options in any config, which are both the defaults
> > one, but when I resize the (g)mplayer window with the mouse, the aspect
> > ratio is totally ignored. Which is pretty annoying.
> >
> > Xine, on the other hand, does honor the aspect ratio. When the window is
> > to tall or wide, black lines are added until the aspect is correct.
> >
> > Glück Auf
> > Volker
>
> Interesting, is this on all files, or just some?
>
> Is it the same in gmplayer and mplayer?

gmplayer -mplayer itself does refuse to run.

Oh, but if you know mplayer so well, maybe you can tell me, how to fast
forward (2x, 4x) in (g)mplayer? I do not mean skip forward some seconds, I
mean real fast forward?

The only reason I use (g)mplayer is, that it sometimes is able to play vids,
xine barfs on (and vice versa, so both are needed).