Holly Bostick wrote:

However, the Donkey client on MlDonkey is so close to death (you'll get
errors from servers that refuse to connect, saying that your client is
too old please update, even if you have the most recent 'free' version--
it took me *ages* to figure out that this essentially meant 'switch to
aMule, you dope!'),

Well, one counter testimonial to that. ~x86 mldonkey has been running 24x7 on my machine for years, literally, without any problems. It connects fine, I get no "old version" error messages, #mldonkey is helpful, development is active and i'm starting to move my bittorrent downloads to it as well. Bittorrent support does not include the advanced functionality that Azureus does, but for basic BT and ed2k, it's excellent.

Plus, the authors themselves file and fix bugs on bugs.gentoo.org

cheers,

A"K"S