On 11/16/05, Derek Tracy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What I am complaining about is that neither of the drivers will work.

What doesn't work?  Does the module build?  Does it load?  What errors
do you get?  Does it work if you run the same kernel version and
driver you used before?

If the combination of a specific kernel version and driver doesn't
work with your card, report it via bugs.gentoo.org (and preferably
also the ipw2200 bug tracker).

> I have tried both ways.  My reasoning for taking my old config was
> originally for the Modeline info.  The only reason that I arbitrarily threw
> it into the newly built system was because the X  -configure did not work
> (even after I switched the dev/mouse to /dev/input/mice)  I get the same
> error with both of the configs.

Post the /var/log/xorg.0.log file with the error (in a new thread
please!), so we can help figure out what the problem is.  Lots of
people are using nvidia graphics boards with Gentoo, with the
proprietary drivers, so in the absence of any actual data, the
assumption has to be it is something specific with your configuration.

-Richard