On 2005-11-17 20:17 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I KNOW my password. And I also tried the 2 techniques
> for changing it (the init="/bin/sh" in the bootloader
> and chrooting from the live-cd). I change them
> succesfully but it still doesn't work!

Check to make sure the console is listed in /etc/securetty, otherwise
you won't be able to log in as root directly. (However, you can log in
as a normal user and then use `su'.)

--
Michael Kjörling, [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://michael.kjorling.com/
* ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *