On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:02:55 -0500 fire-eyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| Okay. My difference is that I see this with apps that I didn't write,
| which others don't have issues with. But I haven't seen it in a while,
| seems to come and go. Doesn't make much sense, and I have checked my
| hardware repeatedly.

Well... Here's the thing... If you're using an app which triggers that
message, then the app is broken. However, were detection not turned on,
the app would instead behave randomly in such a way that it might carry
on working. So whilst you could turn off the detection, it's probably
not a good idea because you'd end up with random, hard to trace memory
corruption...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Look! Shiny things!)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm