On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:33:01 +0900, Steve B wrote:

> WTF.. I'm getting ready to rebuild my gentoo box. I have always did a
> stage 1 install. i was under the impression that if u used a stage 3 u
> couldn't muck with your CFLAGS or what not. If I'm forced to use canned
> binaries I might as well go with FC or Debian.. I've never listened to
> the "Gentoo is dead" comments.. but now who knows.. this is just
> crazy.. who came up with this stupid idea? from the sounds of it
> certianly not the Gentoo Community!

If you'd stayed with the original thread instead of hijacking one about
MySQL, you'd know that your impression was wrong. You can change
everything after a stage 3 install, although you have to be careful when
changing CHOST.

--
Neil Bothwick

Keep your words soft and sweet in case you have to eat them.