On 11/20/05, Jorge Almeida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2005, Richard Fish wrote:
> >
> > According to the dmesg output you posted earlier, your memory stick is
> > not partitioned.  This is ok, some are, some are not.  You can confirm
> > this by taking a look at /proc/partitions when it is inserted, or the
> > output of "fdisk -l".  So, only getting /dev/plextor_memstick is
> > probably correct, and you should mount that, not plextor_memstick1.
> >
> I'm out of office for the weekend, so I can't insert the stick and
> confirm. But the stick is partitioned with a unique partition with vfat.
> I tried to mount it and mount gave the "no such device" complaint. But I
> may be forgetting something.

Earlier you posted:

usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
         Vendor: PLEXTOR   Model: PlexFlash-2       Rev: 5.02
           Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00
           usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
           usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
           usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
           usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
           usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
           usb 1-7: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
           sdb: Write Protect is on
           sdb: Mode Sense: 45 00 80 08
           sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
           Attached scsi removable disk sdb at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
           usb-storage: device scan complete

If the key is partitioned, just before the "Attached ..." line, you
should see a listing of the partitions.  For example:

usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: I-Stick2  Model: IntelligentStick  Rev: 2.00
ready
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 sda: sda1 sda2
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
usb-storage: device scan complete

So if it really is partitioned, we'll have to figure out why the
kernel is not seeing your partition table.  I would be interested to
see the output of 'fdisk -l /dev/sda' with the stick inserted.

> What about the kernel config? I posted the file as you suggested. Does
> it look OK?

Looks ok to me.

-Richard