On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:28:26 +0100, Matthias Langer wrote:

> > As I understand it, the first time you recompile new toolchain with
> > your old toolchain, and then the 2nd time you're recompiling the
> > toolchain with the new toolchain, with the idea that the new toolchain
> > will compile/assemble/link/etc everything in a different way than the
> > old toolchain.
> >
> > Please correct if I'm wrong.
>
> I would suggest 'emerge -uD gcc && emerge -e world'; This should
> recompile the new toolchain with the new toolchain and be considerably
> faster.

The first command won't do anything, -D doesn't take account of of USE or
CFLAG changes.

emerge -e system && emerge -e world might be better, but there are scripts
on the forums that recompile just what you need, in the best order, such
as; http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-282474.html

--
Neil Bothwick

I came, I saw, I had no idea what was going on, I left.