Ernie Schroder wrote:
OK I haven't updated this box in 10 months and finally decided to spend some time on maintainance. I successfully ran emerge -u system last night and have updated my profile and gotten Xorg running. Now it's time to move on to "world" and kdelibs-3.4.2-r1 fails like so. I'm way rusty at this and hoped I could get some tips here.
[SNIP]
> libtool: link: `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/libstdc++.la' > is not a valid libtool archive

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that you upgraded from gcc 3.3.4 to gcc 3.4.4 since the last time you upgraded KDE. Try running

        /usr/portage/sys-devel/gcc/files/fix_libtool_files.sh 3.3.4

to fix up the .la files to reflect the new compiler.

--
Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,