Harry Putnam schreef:
> Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>> Me too. Seems that the system didn't get that change. Please send
>> output of:
>>
>> grep dev-db/mysql /etc/portage/package.use
>

> dev-db/mysql mysql mysqli dev-db/mysql doc dev-db/mysql ndb-doc

Harry, put all the USE flags on one line. What is happening to you is
that the lines do not concantate (add on to each other, however you
spell that word), they override each other.

The way you have it, first the mysql and mysqli flags are being turned
on, then the flags go back to default, and the doc flag is turned on,
then the flags go back to default and the ndb-doc flag is turned on, so
ndb-doc is the only non-default flag that ultimately is turned on.

But if you have

dev-db/mysql mysql mysqli doc ndb-doc

(just one line instead of three), they will all be turned on.

I usually find it helpful to pop into package.use with nano and do a
Ctrl-W search to confirm that I have not already set some USE flags for
a popular application (if I modify it a lot), so I know whether to add
to an existing line or create a new one. Since I'm already in nano,
creating a new line if necessary is easy enough.

Hope this helps,.
Holly