To: <gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 12:49 AM
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mail command and attachment?

Am Mittwoch, den 23.11.2005, 17:28 +0000 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:58:40 -0500, Leonard - Gentoo wrote:

> Is it possible to send an attachment using the 'mail' command say in a
> cronjob? i have a file that i would like sent to me before deleted and
> recreated to examine it.. but 'man mail' doesnt exactly suggest that an
> attachment is possible

I don't believe mail will do this, unless you encode the attachment and
incorporate it into the mail yourself. mail-client/nail seems to do what
you want, describing itself as 'an enhanced mailx-compatible mail client'.

Or use just this:

emerge mutt

Than in a script you might use something like this:

echo "Content" | mutt -s "Subject" -a file [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heinz Sporn

SPORN it-freelancing