On 11/27/05, Nicolas Litchinko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 11:03 Sun 27 Nov     , Manuel McLure wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 November 2005 07:51, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > > Does anyone have this problem? I click a link, such as on the page I
> > > put in this email, I get a new Firefox window, mplayerplug-in seems to
> > > be downloading, but then never plays. If I look at processes using top
> > > and ps aux I do not see mplayer at all.
> > >
> > > http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2005/11/more-music.html
> > >
> > > There are ogg and mp3 links to try.
> >
> > What version of mplayerplug-in are you running? I *greatly* recommend using
> > at
> > least 3.11 (which is still marked ~x86) - it's the first that works really
> > well for me (the earlier releases would crash firefox when you left the page
> > with the video on it.) I'd also see the problem you see with earlier
> > versions
> > - the page would appear to download the video but nothing would happen.
>
> I am still running version 2.80 of the mplayerplug-in and it works just
> fine. Though I must admit that I had the same problem as Mark at the
> beginning. It came from the default video driver used by
> mplayer/mplayerplug-in which wasn't compatible with my video card. I had
> to edit the ~/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf file:
>
> vo=xv
> ao=alsa
> osdlevel=1
>
> I hope that it helps.
>
> --
> Nicolas Litchinko

Hi,
   Interesting. Two questions:

1) Is xv a driver that you use for your video card? The specific
system I'm looking at has this in xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Intel 810"
    Driver      "i810"
    #VideoRam    65536
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection

Would I choose 'i810' where you used 'xv'?

2) The system in question doesn't have a file
~/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf. Did you create this file or was it
there for you to modify?

Thanks,
Mark