I've been plunking around with this.  I tried what may be a brute force method: change the permissions of /dev/ttyS14.  But /dev/ttyS14 is a link to /dev/tts/14.  I now see that is a devfs rendering?  I thought I do not have support for devfs, and I am trying to use something  else.

Anyway, is it possible my problems are related to this issue?

I see that the "Cannot open /dev/ttyS14: device or resource busy" message is a common one.  And there are almost as many proposed solutions as there are instances.  There surely would be an easy way to do such a simple thing?   Nothing works for me.

Alan Davis

On 11/28/05, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
John J. Foster wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 10:20:15PM -0600, Dale wrote:
>

>>Now wvdial, it dials out, then sits for a minute, then disconnects with
>>the error that my password is wrong, which is crap because it is
>>correct.  I only got wvdial to work once on another rig.  It has never
>>worked on this one though.  Anybody have a clue on that one?  I just
>>like to have options in case it pours instead of just a little shower.
>>

>Hi Dale - I had the same problem until I set
>
>Stupid Mode=yes in /etc/wvdial.conf. All was fine then.
>
>John

Thanks for that tip.  I'll try that.  I like to have as many back-ups as
I can get.  If it were not for bad luck, I would have no luck at all.
Well, there is the exception of my girlfriend.  She is the best thing,
person, to happen yet.

Dale
:-)

--
To err is human, I'm most certainly human.