On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:00:14 +0000 (UTC)
James wrote:

> Nick Rout <nick <at> rout.co.nz> writes:
>

> > > By the way which package does v4lctl come in?
>
> > ok it is part of xawtv. just refreshing myself, you can see a list of
> > available parameters with
>
> > v4lctl -c /dev/video0 list
>

> What about 'media-video/came' although it's masked it says:
> support and a lot of new features
>

> Just curious if anyone has used came with a frame grabber board?
> Does it interfere with xawtv? complement?

I think I tried it years ago, probably without success as the memory is
very dim. I think it is written camE (with the capitalised "E"). The
latest source file is dated June 2004 so maybe it is not maintained ?
Anyway it is a 38 k download.

If you want something to watch tv try media-tv/tvtime, brilliant for
watching live tv or a vid-cam pluged into your framegrabber. (It will
not work with hauppauge pvr cards that do mpeg encoding in hardware)