On Tuesday 29 November 2005 04:29 pm, a tiny voice compelled Richard Fish to
write:
> On 11/29/05, Ernie Schroder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I guess I'm glad that I'm not alone Christoph. Like you, xev shows no
> > activity for the wheel.
> > As far as it's being a hardware related thing, unless 3 mice have died of
> > the same dreaded disease, it's not hardware. Of the 3 I've tried 2 are
> > logitech trackballs (USB) and the 3rd is a no-name intellimouse (PS/2).
> > I'm at a loss
>
> Please don't top-post.
>
> Did you try the settings I mentioned previously?  (using
> /dev/input/mice, ExplorerPS/2, and the Buttons option?) If so, and you
> still have the same problem, please post the relevant lines from
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
>
> -Richard

Damn! I thought I had tried all of your suggestions Richard. Changing the
protocol to ExplorerPS/2 has done the trick. Thanks for all of your help.
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free

 17:05:31 up  2:51,  5 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.27, 0.29
Linux 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+