On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:36:38 -0600
Harry Putnam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You mentioned possibly obscure system inventory scripts in perl.
> So apparently you already know it can be a time consuming undertaking
> to dig one up with google, test it, etc etc.
>
> Do you know of one off the top of your head? Hopefully not too
> obscure.

Sorry.  The last one I worked with was -
                - dependant upon some obscure layer on top of perl, no longer
maintained.
                - used tricks to avoid typing clean code.
                - written by people no longer around when I tried to make it
work.
                - broken by updates to both the system, perl, various CPAN
modules and
                  relied on the web server being Netscape Enterprise.
                - Dedicated to IRIX systems.

I could really rant about this, but I'll just let it go.

Bob
-