This is probably the wrong list to ask this question on, but I'll ask it
anyway.  I wanted to create set of PHP pages to offer espersunited.com
users with several different services accessible from their web browser.
I'd like for them to be able to enter their username and password at a
login screen and after be able to use all the services offered.  The
only problem is that I can't figure out what mechanism Squirrelmail uses
for authentication.  I've looked at the PHP source code file for the
login screen and I can't make sense of it.  I want to either alter the
code for the login screen in Squirrelmail so that it will use the
session cookie I set (I think that was what it was called - the cookie
that lasts until a user closes her browser window and then goes away) or
to analyze the mechanism Squirrelmail uses and when I understand it to
use if for my login gateway.  I'm still at the novice level with PHP,
but I should be able to understand this if I could only FIND it...