Title: Message
Greetings,
     I am "lucky" enough to have an ISP that blocks outbound port 25 traffic.  Fortunately, inbound is wide open.  However, I am not able to configure Postfix 2.1.5 to successfully use my ISP mail server as a relayhost.  I get a reply in my logs that states:

warning: SASL authentication failure: No worthy mechs found
Authentication failed: cannot SASL authenticate to server smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com[68.142.229.41]: no mechanism available

I've edited main.cf and added the following:

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/saslpass
smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = plain, login
smtp_sasl_security_options =

I've updated my password file "saslpass" to contain :
[smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com] login:password

and ran postmap hash:/etc/postfix/saslpass

And I've run postfix reload... Oh, I also crossed my fingers that didn't seem to help either :-)

Is SASL able to log into an smtp server like outlook does to send email?  Or is there another solution I need to pursue?  The good news is that inbound mail works great!

Thank you for your help

Sean