I've tried setting up access restrictions based on name resolution. From what I've read in the apache.org docs all is configured correctly. If I use an ip address in the allow statement it works as expected. However if I use a FQDN apache forbids access. The logs show the client ip that matches the FQDN. Does anyone have suggestions on where to proceed in the this troubleshooting process.

Thanks
Ross

<VirtualHost *:80>
   DocumentRoot /var/www/phpmyadmin
   ServerName mysql.dwrnet.net
   ErrorLog /var/www/phpmyadmin/log/error_log
   CustomLog /var/www/phpmyadmin/log/access_log combined
   <Directory />
       AllowOverride None
       Order Deny,Allow
       Deny from all
       Allow from host.example.com
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

net-www/apache-2.0.54-r31 +apache2 -debug -doc -ldap -mpm-leader -mpm-peruser -mpm-prefork -mpm-threadpool -mpm-worker -no-suexec (-selinux) +ssl -static-modules -threads 5,488 kB

[Sun Dec 04 13:08:59 2005] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] client denied by server configuration: /var/www/phpmyadmin/