[snip]
> > Nick might be right. Maybe I'm looking at wrong places.
> > What application is used to send print job to a printer?
> > I'm sending postscript file ps with command: lpr -P printer_name
> >
> > Kpdf will not open ps file.
> > when save a print_job as pdf file and try to print it using kpdf, xpdf
> > or gv it keeps asking for A4 size paper.
> >

> Look I am more confused than ever now, tell me if I have this right:
>
> 1. sql ledger produces a report in .ps format (call it report.ps)
>
> 2. lpr -P printer_name report.ps produces an A4 sized printout.
>
> 3. you say "when save a print_job as pdf file and try to print it using kpdf,
> xpdf or gv it keeps asking for A4 size paper" - what is producing
> this pdf file? sql-ledger or something like pstopdf?
>
> 4. does kprinter report.ps or kprinter report.pdf help at all?
> --
> Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>From Sql-Ledger when I select PS (postscript) + Screen it allows me to
view it or save it as PS - postscript file.
If I select PS (postscript) + printer, it goes directly to printer.

I was even following this instruction (an excellent) document the
explain some problems with tetex and ps paper size printing problem:
http://www.tzekwangteo.org/latex/papersize.pdf

I went through this document made the changes he suggested, but still
doesn't help.  I even restarted the computer, just to make sure the
changes take effect but it doesn't help.
When I sent the print job to a printer it keeps asking for A4 paper
size?
I'm already wasted almost two days on this silly problem.

--
#Joseph