I assume that you have entered into and reset your BIOS settings to
probe and recognise the new devices and their order, every time you
connect/disconnect a device from the box?  Most modern mobo's do so
automatically, but occassionally require that you manually intervene (I
know I had to do so a couple of times)
--
Regards,
Mick