Having an odd problem with gnome (or perhaps gdm).  Whenever a user
logs out, instead of going back to the greeter, I get an
(unresponsive) grey screen with a white rectangle where the username
input box goes.  It seems to be only the themed greeter that has this
problem.  The box is still responsive as a whole, so I've poked
through logs via an ssh session, and things seem ok...except for this
from Xorg.0.log:

drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card1
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card2
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed

which goes on through /dev/dri/card14 with failures and then back to 0
again for a couple times.  I'm skeptical that it's a drm thing, since
the GTK+ greeter is quite happy.

Like I said, that's the only log output that seems odd, if there's
other information that would apropos, let me know.

--
Ryan W Sims

()  ascii ribbon
/\  campaign