On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:58:19 +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:

> There is obviously some overriding benefit to modularity for the KDE
> team (as for the X.org team, which is also migrating to a modular format
> for their packge), and this benefit migrates down to Gentoo as a
> source-based distro (as opposed to binary based distros like Mandriva or
> FC, which seem much less likely to find an advantage from modular
> packages).

Debian and Mandrake were using fine-grained packages for KDE years ago.
Gentoo is one of the last distros to split KDE, presumably because it is
that much more involved with a source-based system.

--
Neil Bothwick

Windows 98, the most installed system in the world, I know, I've done it
5 or 6 times myself.