On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 07:49:30 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:

> > When did I say meta...
>
> I was differentiating what you did say `kdebase' with the full blown
> kde-meta and noting I was somewhere in the middle with an
> emerge -v kde.

kde-base/kde is a meta package, it pulls in all the monolithic KDE
builds. If you are concerned about installation compile times, you should
not be trying to build the whole of KDE. Do you really need all of
kdegames, kdeedu and kdetoys to get your system running? Stick with
kde-base/kdebase or kde-base/kdebase-meta, you can cancel your current
emerge and merge one of these instead, then add the rest of what you want
once the system is running.

--
Neil Bothwick

Joystick: (n.) a device essential for performing business tasks and
training exercises esp. favored by pilots, tank commanders, riverboat
          gamblers, and medieval warlords.