On 12/11/05, Allan Gottlieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:33:31 +0100 Jan Callewaert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> When I was using workstation 4.5, I found the best results if you run
> >> /etc/vmware/init.d/vmware stop after vmware-config.pl:
> >>
> >> vmware-config.pl -default
> >> /etc/vmware/init.d/vmware stop
> >> /etc/init.d/vmware start
> >>
> >> HTH,
> >> -Richard
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > There is file in the directory /etc/vmware which you have to delete
> > after a configure, for some strange reason. It's a blank file, but
> > unfortunately I can't remember the filename anymore. Pbb something
> > with config in its name.
>
> I believe it is called "notconfigured" and yes it is zero length.

The file is /etc/vmware/not_configured.

The problem is that /etc/init.d/vmware and /etc/vmware/init.d/vmware
disagree about whether the daemons are running or not.  When you run
vmware-config.pl, it starts the daemons by running
/etc/vmware/init.d/vmware.  Running "/etc/init.d/vmware status" will
show the daemons are not running, but trying to start that script will
fail because they actually are running.

This can result in either the not_configured file being recreated, or
simply failing to start some of the services.  This also seems to be
fixed for the current version of VMWare Workstation.

-Richard