Hi,

> Shows several kde-3.5 and several kde-3.4.3 (I'm currently running
> 3.4.1).  There has been discussion here about slots but I didn't
> notice anyone asking about or telling about how to avoid this
> unecessary double whammy.

uhm. I just emerged KDE 3.4.3 and thanks to your post I just noticed
that there still seem to exist some KDE 3.1 and 3.3 packages (at least
I see /usr/kde/3.1 and 3.3 which both contain files).

What is the proper way to delete them?

As we are at it: I'm used to switch to another virtual console and doing
a startx -- :1 as a different user to start a second KDE session for
testing purposes. Unfortunately this still starts KDE 3.3 instead of
3.4.

I opened startx in vi but to be honest I'm not a master in reading
complex shell scripts.

Thanks & best regards

    ce