Matthias Langer schreef:

> Now, what i want is the same for p2p apps - give them
> as much bandwidth they can reasonably get but don't let them slow down
> firefox, ssh etc.

In the case of Azureus specifically, your problem is actually not with
Azureus, but with Java (that's what's slowing down, and further what is
likely to be slowing down Firefox as well if it's running. Certainly I
find that running both Firefox and Azureus together is the fast road to
The System of Molasses).

You might consider aliasing Java to run at a "good" niceness

(in ~/.bashrc)

alias java="nice -n 15 java"

so that when Azureus starts the (many, many) Java processes that it
uses, they will be niced to something you can live with.

What effect this will have on Firefox, I cannot say, however.

Just an idea, hope it helps,

Holly