On Sunday 18 December 2005 01:27, Graham Murray wrote:
> Bruno Lustosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Just synced and tried to update world.
> > Portage updated itself, and then died when trying to exec itself.
> > I updated from 2.0.53 to 2.1_pre1. The error is:

This error has been fixed. I was going to post on the mailing list but found
that the fix had made it's way here already.

> Luckily I did not get that error but emerge then took 'an eternity' to
> calculate the world dependencies before actually building any
> packages.

I added a message about three hours ago that is displayed after portage is
installed noting this. The default cache format has changed so you'll need to
run `emerge metadata` to get the local cache back up to date.

--
Jason Stubbs