Michael Mauch schreef:
> Alan E. Davis wrote:
>
>> I followed an instruction on one of the howtos or faqs to not
>> enable dri in the kernel.
>

> That's something different, you should revert that.

Michael, that's wrong, for the fglrx drivers-- they won't install or run
if the kernel DRM is enabled.

The drivers contain their own DRI, which will not load if the kernel DRI
is loaded already (which it will if it is enabled in the kernel at all).

The install script actually checks the kernel's .config (this is why the
kernel source to which /usr/src/linux points must have a valid config
file, even if it is not yet compiled or installed, in order to install
the fglrx drivers) to see if the option is enabled, and halts
installation if it is found as either Y or M.

Holly