On Monday 19 December 2005 16:31, Ognjen Bezanov wrote:

> I have an old (AMD K5) 300Mhz PC which I want to install Linux on (and
> use headless for music streaming) but it requires an AT keyboard (which
> I dont have). The Issue is that the BIOS refuses to go past post, asking
> me to plug in a keyboard.
>
> My question is this: Is there any way to make the PC think an AT
> keyboard is connected (e.g. by shorting two pins). I googled around for
> ages with no avail, hence why im doing this (Rather off-topic) post to
> this list.

If you can't get a PS2<->AT keybord adapter,  you can made one yourself from
DIN+mini connectors and piece of cable. Your situation is typical case I
usually comment system administrator shoud have soldering skill...

Connector:PS2
1       data
2       reserved
3       GND
4       +5V
5       clock
6       reserved

AT keyboard connector
Connector: 5 pin DIN
1       clock
2       data
3       NC
4       GND
5       +5V

Quickest way is to get a cheapest PS/2 keyboard you can and put a DIN-5
connector on it instead of PS/2 one.

referrence: http://teryx.bobdbob.com/~protius/pinouts/
check it triple on some other sites, just to be sure

--
Petr