Zac Medico <zmedico <at> gmail.com> writes:

> James wrote:
>
> > [ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdegraphics-3.3.2-r2
> >
> > I guess the second query show me that using the new use flags
> > this package needs to recompile. But it fails when I try:
> >
> > <snip>
> > grep: /usr/lib/libungif.la: No such file or directory
>
> Is /usr/lib/libungif.la really not there? Try "emerge media-libs/libungif".
>
> Zac

I have the same symptoms. In my case there is a reason that libungiif.la is
missing from my system. It is blocked by another gif library.

# emerge --pretend media-libs/libungif

Calculating dependencies   ...done!
[blocks B     ] media-libs/giflib (is blocking media-libs/libungif-4.1.3)
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/libungif-4.1.3

I unmerged giflib and emerged libungif in order to fix the original symptom
reported by James. This was successful. Should kdegraphics depend on libungif to
eliminate this problem?

The BitPit