[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:
> hi, actually i installed gaim with no gnome support (i have 1.4 gaim
> version), but since 1.5 gaim still want gnome lib ? why USE="-gnome"
> dont works as before ?

USE="-gnome" *does* work as before; it's likely that your problem is
related to a new USE flag:

emerge -pv gaim

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] net-im/gaim-1.5.0  -cjk -debug ==>-eds<== +gnutls -krb4
+nas +nls +perl -silc +spell +tcltk 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB

You see that "eds"? It stands for "Evolution Data Server", and it drags
in Evo Data Server, probably Evo, and a whole bunch of GNOME deps for
those packages.

This is all very well and good if you want Evo support in Gaim, but if
you don't use the Evolution mail client, then disable this flag.

Hope this helps,
Holly