We're not fighting . . . . YET. LOL Most have a sense of humor here. They have to when I am around. LOL

Dale
:-)
Parden the top post. I'm breaking him in gently. It's better than I got when I first came here for sure.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Oooh please, don't fight because of my dumb questions :'(

Actually, vmware-linux-tools is already installed.
I just asked this question to know a little more about portage usage and manipulation.

I followed your advices and added
vmware-linux-tools ~x86
to the /etc/portage/package.keywords

et voilĂ  :-)

Indeed, I'm running Gentoo inside VMWare.
At work, the laptops are installed with a Windows xp image
and there is no support if the basic installation is removed.
But as I am not able to live and work without any linux distrib,
I install VMWare and install fedora for my first linux experience,
and after one year, I try Gentoo with much pleasure but also many questions ;-)

Thank you very much for your help :-)

Etienne