Dale schreef:
> Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>> Dale schreef:

>>> Who is this schreef guy?  I'm just Dale.
>>
>> :-) (at least I hope you're joking)-- "schreef" is "wrote" in Dutch (so
>> now you know a word of Dutch, hurrah!). It's just the default quote
>> header-- as you see before "Dale screef" is "Holly Bostick wrote", which
>> is the exact same quote header, but yours, quoting me, is in English,
>> while mine, quoting you, is in Dutch.
<snip>

> Oh.  I thought I had something set wrong over here.  I thought it was
> saying my last name was schreef, which it isn't by the way.  LOL

No, for two reasons;

1) if it was intended to indicate your last name, it would most likely
be capitalized, as is the tradition for proper names, the fact that it
isn't indicates that it's "just a word";

2) the format of the default quote header is "<sender_name> wrote", so
since your view name is "Dale", no last name appears, whereas since my
view name is "Holly Bostick"-- as opposed to just "Holly"-- any default
headers quoting me say "Holly Bostick wrote", as opposed to any default
header quoting you, which will only say "Dale wrote", with "wrote" being
in the default language for the desktop. We don't even know your last
name; you haven't provided it (which is perfectly fine, it's your right
and we don't care anyway). Why would we make something up?

Did you not notice that when Dirk Heinrichs quoted you in your "Easy way
to unmerge all of KDE?" thread, his quote header was

> Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2005 07:12 schrieb ext Dale:

Which is "On Friday, 23 December 2005 0:7:12 Dale wrote" in /German/?

Many mail programs translate common words, dates, and date format that
are inserted into the mail into the default system language, since the
presumption is that you are naturally writing in that language, to those
who speak that language, and if you are not, the information is not so
critical that it really matters if you don't speak German (or Dutch),
since the date is pretty understandable if you need it, and the fact
that you don't know that "schrieb" means "wrote" is fairly irrelevant,
since he obviously then quotes your previous post (so it's easy enough
to guess that "schrieb" means "wrote").

:-)

Holly