Hi Michael,

> My personal account (michael) cannot offload pictures from my usb
> digital camera - only root can do it.  michael is in the usb group.
> There used to be a file called /etc/security/console.perms which
> allowed the michael user to offload pictures, but it's gone now.  How
> can I make it where I don't have to su to root just to offload
> pictures?

the same happens here since I did an emerge --update world

Before, normal users have been allowed to get pics via gphoto2 on the
command line or even via the KDE protocol camera:/.

Since the update, only root can get the images. I'm sure it's a
permission problem, but I don't know where to look first.

Best regards

ce