Ran that yesterday and after some remerging and unmerging, got it to run
successfully. I was still having kmail problems, so I tried remerging kdepim.
It built without error. Still unable to send from kmail. (setup unchanged) I
did an # emerge -uDvt world, and emerge --depclean --pretend checked and
accepted what would be removed and ran without --pretend. emerge kdepim ran
without error, still no success fixing kmail. This brings me to the point where
I began my previous post.
I re-ran # revdep-rebuild --library libstdc++.so.5 and right now the box is
running #3 of 81 packages. Hopefully this will clean up my mess, and I can get
kmail running. All this is obviously a result of my not knowing what the hell
I'm doing. All I know is using my ISP's web interface is getting old quick.