hello,

I'll describe a situation

[1] Portage overlay dir => /usr/local/portage
[2] portage overlay distfiles dir => /usr/local/portage/distfiles
[3] portage dir => /usr/portage
[4] portage distfiles dir => /usr/portage/distfiles

I maintain some test ebuilds in dir [1] and i got sources of it in dir [2]. When i want to do ebuild my.ebuild digest in [1] dir i got an error that i dont have write permissions to [4]. but when i do it from root user digest is done and finally written to [1]/my_program dir.

My question is how to configure properly my /etc/make.conf file to make it possible to keep programs sources that i maintain in overlay in dir [2] ??

Actual /etc/make.conf lines in this topic are:

PORTDIR=/usr/portage
PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage
PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/var/tmp
DISTCC_DIR=${PORTAGE_TMPDIR}/portage/.distcc
RSYNC_EXCLUDEFROM=/etc/portage/rsync.mask

I have tried line as below but then portage losed distfiles dir at all

#DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles /usr/local/portage/distfiles"

Thanks for any help

Greets
Paweł Madej