On Saturday 24 December 2005 15:19, Sumeet Pal Singh wrote:
> Hi
Hi

> I am having problems with emerge working during installation.
> I have Pentium4 with HT PC, and tried to install gentoo-2005 twice,
> eveything was fine ,hardware was easily detected, but network did not work
> well with proxies.
> I did
> $export http_proxy=http://spsingh:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:3128 but links2,
> emerge do not work.
> they give error 407 Authentication required, that is connects to proxy
> server but cannot authenticate me. However I can links2 to internal
> webpages which do not require proxy.

I had exactly the same problem and was not able to download the last stage
after booting with the livecd.
The solution I found (because I did not know the /etc/make.conf solution) was
to give the proxy data like this :

links2 -http-proxy "http://blah.com:3128"; you_url

and when links2 launch, it open a dialog box (in text mode ;-)) to ask you for
the username and password.

That's the only way I found to download the stages, and now, I LOVE Gentoo ;-)

Best regards

Etienne