On Птн, 2006-01-06 at 08:53 +0100, Sergio Polini wrote:
> I can't understand how to ask dhcp for a static address.
> I've read /etc/conf.d/net.example, but using
>
> config_eth0=( <IPaddress> netmask <netmask> brd <broadcast>)
>
> in /etc/conf.d/net configures my network interface _instead of_
> asking
> dhcp (the files in /var/lib/dhcpc are not updated).

Right. This is static configuration. No dhcp.

> If I use
>
> dhcpcd_eth0="-s <IPaddress>"
>
> dhcpcd hangs.

> Any hints?

Hm. Information from net.example, expressed in other words:

First select what dhcp client you are going to use by adding one of
# dhclient: emerge net-misc/dhcp
# dhcpcd:   emerge net-misc/dhcpcd
# pump:     emerge net-misc/pump
# udhcpc:   emerge net-misc/udhcp
in modules. Fex
1.  modules=( "dhcpcd" )
Now. Tell that you are going to use dhcp on eth0
2.  config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
And then add custom configuration options
module_eth0="custom_options"
Fex
3.  dhcpcd_eth0="-s 123.123.123.123"

BTW. What version of baselayout do you have?

Peter.