On 07/01/2006, at 9:53 AM, Richard Fish wrote:

On 1/5/06, Lord Imbrius the Despondent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey guys - I was just doing an emerge -uD world and it comes to a screeching halt with "i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc: dbus_bindings.c: No such file or directory"
when compiling sys-apps/dbus-0.23.4-r1.  Any clues?  Thanks.

dbus_bindings.c is built from dbus_bindings.pyx using the program
pyrex, provided by dev-python/pyrex.  Do you have this package
installed?  Did you updated python recently, but forget to run
python-updater?

I had a problem yesterday that sounds similar to this after updating world. I forgot to include -a in the emerge and so wasn't aware that python was upgraded in the update. I don't remember seeing anything about dbus_bindings.c in the merge output although there was a mention of pyrex (I can't remember the actual message). Running python-updater was the answer.

Jeff