Rafael Fernández López schreef:
> Iain Buchanan wrote:
>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Instead of a question this time, I have an answer!
>>>
>>> If you're trying to get ati-drivers (fglrx) to load with ernet
>>> parche de Microsoft linux-2.6.15 its simple!  (Given the error
>>> you get is "undefined symbol: pm_register" or something similar).
>>>

>>> The solution is to simply:  when configuring your kernel, under
>>> "Power management options (ACPI, APM)" turn on "Legacy Power
>>> Management API (PM_LEGACY)".  Then recompile the kernel
>>> (recompiling modules should not be necessary) and re-boot to this
>>> new kernel.
>>>
>>> Now, for me at least, ati-drivers-8.20.8 loads fine!
>>>
>>> HTH,
>

> But they still don't run with xcompmgr, right ?

I doubt it. ATI devs report that the team will not even work on support
until xcompmgr becomes significantly more stable and closer to something
like a final form, which I can understand, myself. Heck, even the nVidia
drivers apparently can't support both xcompmgr and their own GLX
component at the same time (you have to choose one or the other).

Under those conditions, I can only consider it optional (since even if I
had an nVidia card, if I had to choose between xcompmgr and glx, I would
choose glx), and while it certainly sounds like a nice option (and I'm
quite looking forward to it), I'm not particularly hurting for the lack
of it.

But we may see support proceed much faster once Xorg 7 is released
(which I presume would include some kind of stable form of xcompmgr),
since apparently ATI is going to a *monthly* release schedule (rather
than every two months):

 http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1334103544&postcount=79

mtippett is the nick of Matthew Tippett, Engineering
Manager for Linux Software Engineering at ATI Technologies, Inc. So if
he says it publically like that, you can pretty much bank on it.

Holly