On 1/8/06, Abhay Kedia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 08 January 2006 06:36, Trenton Adams wrote:
> >
> > Here we go again, who says that you have to limit it to a menu?  Give
> > a menu, but allow a graphical shell during install for those that want
> > to do extra packages, or whatever.  Or, even provide a dynamically
> > extendable menu that can grab packages lists from other places, from
> > another CD, floppy, Internet, etc.  So, to not provide a menu would be
> > *limiting* as well.  But I do agree with you Holly, that providing
> > *only* a *predefined* graphical menu for package installation would be
> > limiting.
> >
> Menu of what? How will a Gentoo developer know what you want to install? If
> you are starting from Stage 3, you just need to choose what to install and
> thats it. How will a menu help you in that? As far as graphics based Gentoo
> install is concerned. I don't think that it is even anywhere near Gentoo
> Dev's priorities right now.

Really?  Then why have they already created one? Hmm.

> > Wouldn't it be beneficial to provide automated graphical installs for
> > gentoo, but provide the option to open a graphical shell at *all*
> > stages of the installation process?  Wouldn't that be ultimate
> > flexibility?  I read about the new graphical install for gentoo, and
> > perhaps it already does this!?!?
> >
> Yes having a graphical install process would be great. Why don't you volunteer
> and try to write one for us? :)

Yeah, I would love to find the time to do that.  At this moment though
I don't have the time, as my wife would be upset with me doing extra
work when I come home from work after doing the extra work that I do
after coming home from work.  LOL.  But I certainly will when I get
the time.