I have a system I need to upgrade from SCSI with an Adaptec 3210S RAID (I'm
using HItachi nee IBM SCSI Ultrastor drives which aren't holding up too well)
and am looking at going with SATA.  Some input from the those with
recommendations or experiences would be appreciated.

1.  SATA Controllers - I see a bunch listed in menuconfig but what have you
found to work? Is Promise any good?  What are some good brands

2.  Sata drives - what have you found to be reliable and work well.  I've
crossed Hitachi off my list because of my experience with the Ultrastores.

Thank you.

--

Brett I. Holcomb