Beau E. Cox schreef:
> Hi -
>
> I'm working on a series of ebuilds for the more esoteric CPAN modules
> that I use. In the Gentoo Developer Handbook there is a statement
> about PORTDIR_OVERLAY:
>
> "In that directory, you must use the same structure (and categories)
> as in /usr/portage."
>
> OK. But I really want to make a new category, i.e. 'cpan'; ( tried
> it, doesn't work ). Is there a way to 'fake out' portage into using a
> new category without breaking everything?

Question #1-- what's wrong with dev-perl, where all the other modules
are (and then naming the modules cpan-whatever, I suppose)?

Question # 2-- have you looked at g-cpan?

app-portage/g-cpan
     Available versions:  0.13.01 0.13.02
     Installed:           none
     Homepage:            http://dev.gentoo.org/~mcummings/