Hello Everyone,

I am trying to play mpc files in mplayer but get the following error while
doing so

Requested audio codec family [musepack] (afm=mpcdec) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x2043504D.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

Here are the USE flags when I compile mplayer and the relevant output after
configure gets completed

[ebuild   R   ] media-video/mplayer-1.0.20060102  +3dfx -3dnow -3dnowext +X
+aac -aalib +alsa (-altivec) +arts -bidi -bindist -bl +cdparanoia
-cpudetection +custom-cflags -debug +dga -directfb -doc +dts -dv -dvb +dvd
+dvdread -edl +encode -esd -fbcon -ggi +gif +gtk +i8x0 -ipv6 -jack -joystick
+jpeg +libcaca -lirc -live -livecd -lzo +mad +matroska -matrox +mmx +mmxext
-nas +nls -nvidia +opengl +oss +png +real -rtc -samba +sdl +sse +sse2 +svga
-tga +theora +truetype -v4l -v4l2 +vorbis +win32codecs -xanim -xinerama +xmms
+xv +xvid +xvmc 0 kB

---------------------------------
  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input: vstream tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv-bsdbt848 edl live555 mpdvdkit dvb smb
    Codecs: opendivx x264 libdv amr_wb amr_nb xanim musepack speex twolame
toolame liblzo
    Audio output: sgi sun jack polyp esd dxr2 nas dsound win32
    Video output: winvidix bl zr zr2 dxr3 dxr2 directx vesa fbdev aa ggi xmga
mga directfb tga tdfxfb
    Audio filters: ladspa
----------------------------------

Now, it clearly shows that musepack is one of the optional codecs but how do I
enable it to compile with mplayer? I have tried installing various musepack
related packages so that mplayer's configure detects mpc support but in vain.

# emerge -pv libmusepack libmpcdec musepack-tools
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/libmusepack-1.1-r1  -static 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/libmpcdec-1.2  -doc -static 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-sound/musepack-tools-1.15v  +16bit -esd -static 0 kB

No relevant use flags seem to be there in the ebuild. What should I do? Any
ideas will be highly appreciated.

TIA
Regards,
Abhay