On Thursday 12 January 2006 05:08, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> Do a stage 3 install plus GRP packages. You'll have a fully working 64
> bit desktop in around an hour. Then edit make.conf and /etc/portage/* to
> suit your needs, emerge --sync and emerge -e world while using the system.

Thanks for the reply Neil but I don't have a fast connection. Just a 64kbps
connection. If I follow GRP way then first I'll have to download a live CD,
then the GRP Packages and then undergo the whole process of downloading other
distfiles etc. It will be a really long and lengthy downloading process for
me. Can't I do it from my existing 32 bit installation?

Regards,
Abhay